Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Heart is Heavy

Today is the two year anniversary of the loss of our sister. It's a heart heavy day. I miss her spunk, her verve, her complete goofiness so very much. I see her in her daughter Gillian and in my daughter Katie. I'm grateful to have these two who remind me so much of her. Although we have lost someone incredibly dear to us, others have moved into roles and places that have helped heal away some of the pain. It's like having her here with us, but not really. Hard to explain when you haven't experienced it.

I see Jana in golden butterflies, in balloons floating in the sky, in red Jeeps that seem to follow me around town. I feel her close to me. I'm sure that anyone reading this will think I'm nuts, but I really do. Sometimes more than others. I will be glad when this extra sad day is over.

I can't talk about memories today when I'm so sad, but I'll come back. :)

No comments: